Return to Main Menu »
Scripps Health’s Primary Care Summer Conference is designed by primary care physicians for primary care physicians and their care team and will present content from their unique perspective. In addition to an overview of the history and current science of a variety of specialty areas, content will be presented in a very practical, patientfocused manner relevant to the specific primary care setting and challenges.
- Integrate current trends in preventive health care into patient care strategies.
- Employ new collaborative care team strategies that enhance the prevention, diagnosis and management of various medical conditions encountered in the office practice.
- Effectively discuss with patients their personal responsibilities in prevention and treatment.
- Access and/or recommend resources for both physicians and patients to acquire additional information pertinent to a range of therapeutic areas.
- Manage the specialist referral process: assess when to refer, recognize what the specialized treatment will consist of, and determine the role of the primary care physician in cohesive care and follow-up.
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- General Practitioners
- Advanced Practice Providers
View Conference Brochure »
View Faculty Disclosures »